- Any members of Highland Baptist Church over the age of 18 may become a library patron and borrow materials.
- Library patron accounts are established by family group. Children are allowed (with parental permission) to borrow materials on their parents' account.
- Children wishing to borrow media must be accompanied by their parent.
- Non-members and visitors may borrow items on a limited basis.
- Books and media items are generally loaned for a two-week period.
- Bible study kits are generally loaned for six-eight weeks depending on class needs. These kits are available to HBC members only, as the average cost for a kit is $150-200. Patrons are responsible for the return of ALL items in the kits or are financially responsible for replacement costs.
- Patrons may only check out materials on their own account and are cautioned against loaning library materials to others.
- Promptness is expected in the return of library items. In trying to provide grace for extenuating circumstances, fines are not normally assessed. Instead, we suggest that donations be made to the "Library Kitty" at the circulation desk.
- Items may be rechecked only once without approval from the library director.
- Patrons are financially responsible for lost or damaged library items plus shipping and a $4 processing fee per item. With approval from the library director, patrons may purchase the replacement item; however, if "used," the item must be identical and in the same or better condition (and the patron is still responsible for paying the processing fee).
- Patrons with items over four weeks overdue will be blocked from borrowing more materials.
- Items that are three months overdue will be re-ordered and the replacement cost (plus shipping and processing fees) will be added to the patron account. Patrons will not be allowed to borrow more materials until their account is cleared.